Education & Academic Qualifications:
- B.V.Sc and A.H from Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Science and Technology, Kashmir in 2009 with OGPA of 7.01/10
- M.V.Sc from Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Science and Technology, Jammu in 2011 Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology with OGPA 8.29/10 with Vety. Public health as minor subject.
- PhD from Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal sciences, Bikaner in 2015 in Veterinary Microbiology and Biotechnology with OGPA 8.26/10
Graduated in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry in 2009 from Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Kashmir, completed his post-graduation in Veterinary Microbiology in 2011 from the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal husbandry, SKUAST-Jammu. Was awarded MERITORIOUS certificate for the Ist rank in the subject. He did his PhD from Rajasthan university of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner in Veterinary Microbiology as DST-Inspire SRF. He was topper in the subject during his PhD programme and was awarded gold medal by the university in the IInd convocation of University in 2017. His keen area of interest is identification and characterization of bacterial and fungal pathogens associated with various animal diseases. Has worked on genotyping, virulence characterization and antimicrobial resistance gene determinants from various zoonotically important bacterial species. He received Young Scientists Award in the 3rd Annual National Seminar on Translational Research in Biotechnology for Improving Animal Health and Production held during 7-8 october, 2015. Joined the National Center for Laboratory Animal Sciences, National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research in January, 2017 as Scientist-B and is presently associated with laboratory animal health monitoring for quality improvement of laboratory animal health. Has attended a number of national and international conferences and has more than 20 published papers in various scientific journals.
- 2017: Gold Medal in Doctoral degree programme in Veterinary Microbiology from Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
- 2015: Young Scientist Award in the 3rd Annual National Seminar on Translational Research in Biotechnology for Improving Animal Health and Production held during 7-8 october, 2015.
- 2014 : Best poster presentation award in IAVMI 15th Annual Conference for : “Molecular detection and Antibiogram of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from Goat Mastitis”.
- 2013 : Awarded Inspire AORC fellowship to pursue PhD programme-Inspire Fellowship id. :IF130551.
- 2011 : First prize for presentation of article ‘An Outbreak Of Cerebral Malaria By Haemoproteus columbae, Kruse, 1890, In Free Rangings And Captive Pigeons (Columba Aliva) From Border Areas Of Jammu & Kashmir Of India’ at 29th annual convention of ISVM.
- 2011 : Merit certificate in M.V.Sc (PG) (Ist Position).
- 2009: Science Talent Promotion Scholarship.
List of Publications:
- S. Hamid , Mohd Altaf Bhat, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Anil Taku , Gulzar Ahmad Badroo, Salik Nazki and Andleeb Malik. Phenotytic and genotypic characterization of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus from bovine mastitis. 2017. Veterinary World. 10(3): 363-367.
- Multiplex-PCR based Detection of Virulence genes and Characterization of β-lactamase genes in Salmonella enterica from India. Irfan Ahmad Mir, Sudhir Kumar Kashyap and Sunil Maherchandani. Under rewiew in BMC Microbiology. 2017.
- Irfan Ahmad Mir, Sudhir Kumar Kashyap and Sunil Maherchandani (2015). Isolation, Serotype Diversity and Antibiogram of Salmonella enterica isolated from different species of Poultry in India. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed; 5(7): 561–567.
- RamHari Meena, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Sunil Maherchandani, Kanchan Jangid and S.K. Kashyap. A study on Antibiotic sensitivity Pattern and Phylogenetic Analysis of commensal Escherichia coli isolated from Poultry (2015). Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. Page no. 657-662.
- Jangsher Ali Khan, Irfan Ahmad Mir, S.S. Soni and Sunil Maherchandani (2015). A study on Prevalence and Virulence Characterisation of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica isolated from poultry and related environment in India. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. vol 9 (2). 1435-1440.
- Kanchan Jangir, B. N. Shringi, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Ram Hari Meena, Nishtha Purohit, Sunil Maherchandani and S. K. Kashyap (2015). Isolation, Biochemical and Virulence characterization of Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium in poultry faeces. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. vol 9 (2). 1075-1080.
- Irfan Ahmad MIR, Bablu KUMAR, Anil TAKU, Rajinder Kumar BHARDWAJ, Mohd Altaf BHAT and Gulzar Ahmad BADROO (2015). Prevalence and Antibiogram study of Rhodococcus equi in equines of Jammu and Kashmir, India. J. Equine Sci. Vol. 26, No. 1. 21–24.
- Taruna Bhati, Prerna Nathawat,Irfan Ahmad Mir, Sandeep Kumar Sharma,Rahul Yadav and Anil Kumar Kataria (2014). PCR-RFLP of Staphylococcus aureus Coagulase Gene Isolated From Bovine Subclinical Mastitis. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. vol 8 (6): 4711-4714.
- Pradeep Sharma, Farah Faridi, Irfan A.Mir, and Sandeep K. Sharma (2014). Characterization of exo-s, exo-u, and alg virulence factors and antimicrobial resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from migratory Egyptian vultures from India. Infection Ecology and Epidemiology, 4: 24553.
- Showkat Ahmad Dar, Parul Verma, Mohammad Ashfaque, Ajaz Ahmad Zargar, Irfan Ahmad Mir (2014). Effect of Garlic Extract on Haematobiochemical Changes in Eimeria tenella Infected Broiler Chicken Natl. Acad. Sci. Lett. 37(4):311-316.
- Irfan Ahmad Mir, Bablu Kumar , Anil Taku , Najimaana Wani, Farah Naz Faridi, Showkat Ahmad Dar, Sabahat Gazal, Gulzar Badroo, Aijaz Ahmad Zargar and Asif Iqbal (2013). The study of aerobic bacterial flora of the upper respiratory tract of equines from Jammu and Kashmir region of India, Vet World 6(9): 623-627.
- R.K. Bhardwaj, Irfan A. Mir, A.K. Taku, Bablu Kumar (2013). Rhodococcus equi Pneumonia in an Adult Horse. The Indian Veterinary Journal. 90(3): 94-95.
- Tahir maqbool, M. Willayat, Irfan A. Mir and Omar Khalil Baba. Determination of level of contamination of mutton patties and burgers marketed in Srinagar city (India) Asian Jr. Of Microbiol. Biotech. Env. Sc. Vol. 15, no. (4): 2013: 699-703.
- Irfan AHMAD MIR, Bablu KUMAR, Anil TAKU, Farah FARIDI, Mohd. ALTAF BHAT, Naseer AHMAD BABA and Tahir MAQBOOL (2013). Bacteriological and Molecular Detection of Streptococcus equi subsp. equi and Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus in Equines of Northern India. J. Equine Sci. Vol. 24, No. 3. 53 – 55.
- Irfan A. Mir, Anil Taku, Asif Iqbal, Manzoor Ahmad Khan and Najimaana Wani. (2013)Clinical mastitis by Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus in lactating goats of Jammu,India. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminant Research. 19 (1): 110-111.
- Najimaana Wani, S. K. Kotwal, Irfan Ahmad Mir, S. A Shah and Asif Iqbal. Molecular Characterization of Escherichia coli Strains Isolated from Drinking Water Sources in Jammu, India (2012). Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. vol 8 (4): 3043-3048.
- Sabahat Gazal, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Asif Iqbal, A.K.Taku, Manzoor Ahmad, Najimaana Wani. Metagenomics: Accessing the inaccessible (2012). Int. J. Livest. Res.. 2012; 2(2): 253-257.
- Sabahat Gazal, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Asif Iqbal, Reyaz Chauhan, Abid Ali & Manzoor Ahmad (2012).Isolation of fungi associated with an outbreak of Degnala disease in Jammu. The Indian Journal of Field Veterinarians. 8(2): 73.
- Sabahat Gazal, Asif Iqbal, Irfan Ahmad Mir and Manzoor Ahmad (2012). Isolation of fungi associated with an outbreak of Degnala disease in Jammu. The Indian Journal of Field Veterinarians. 8(2): 75.
- R.K. Bhardwaj, A.K. Taku, and Irfan Ahmad Mir (2012). Infectious keratoconjuctivitis in dzos of Jammu. The Indian Vet. Journal. 89(7): 101-102.
- Rajinder Kumar Bhardwaj, AK Taku, and Irfan Ahmad Mir (2012). Therapeutic Management of Dermatophytosis in canines. Indian Vety. Journal. 89(1): 61-62.
- R.K. Bhardwaj, Irfan Ahmad Mir, Owais Ahmad, Ashwani Kumar, Afreen Wahid and Deepanshu Bhardwaj (2012). An Outbreak of mange in rabbits and its management. Indian Vety. Journal. 89(12): 78.
- Canine Dermatophytosis—Its Diagnosis and Therapeutic Management. Irfan A. Mir, Asif Iqbal, Bablu Kumar, Sabahat Gazal IPJ-Online.( 2011); 3(1): 40-45
- Ovine rotavirus. S. Gazal, I.A. Mir, A. Iqbal, A.K. Taku, B. Kumar, M.A. Bhat. Ovine Rota virus. Open Veterinary Journal, (2011), Vol. 1: 50-54. Gene sequences Submitted to Genbank, NCBI :
- Gene sequence submitted to NCBI of Dichelobacternodosus strain Jammu integrase A2 gene, partial cds. Taku, A.K., Badroo,G.A., Kumar,B., Bhat,M.A., Mir,I.A. and Gazal, S. (2011) (ACCESSION JN574475)
- Gene sequence submitted to NCBI of Dichelobacternodosusclone Jammu 01B proline-glycine repeat protein (pgr) gene, partial cds. (2011). Taku, A.K., Badroo,G.A., Kumar,B., Bhat,M.A., Mir, I.A. and Gazal,S. (ACCESSION JN601141).
- Gene sequence submitted to NCBI of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Altona strain Indian TEM-lactamase gene, partial cds. ACCESSION KT831890. Mir,I.A., Kashyap,S.K. and Maherchandani,S. 2016